Rockwood State Forest

Rockwood State Forest
Click the Photo for the Song of the Month---Richochei "Perfect Like You"

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Toast (End of Season)

Rockwood is toast for the season in my opinion. I skied the northside trails to the gate near the lake and back after work today. The snow is there, but it's dirty and potato-ish if you aren't skiing in previous tracks. I was able to follow snowshoe tracks, then snowmobile tracks and I stayed out of the soft stuff. As a quick ski, it was fun, temps were in the 40's and all I wore was a light sweater.

But my days at Rockwood are done for 2013/14. Up north in the mountains there will be another 3 weeks of snowcover I'm guessing. Not finished completely with skiing just yet, but close, and it was a great winter, one of the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment